Within the Day Services Centre, visitors can enjoy the ground floor sensory room.
The Sensory Room is a specially designed room which combines a range of stimuli to help individuals develop and engage their senses. It can be used for therapy, exercise and relaxation. It is an easy and straightforward facility with no training required.
Our sensory room offers a variety of passive and active sensory equipment, including an interactive floor, bubble tubes and walls, sound activated light shows, controllable mood lighting, light curtain, sensit chair and a range of hand-held sensory equipment.
A member of staff will explain how each equipment work and their benefits. Thereafter, people can book a slot and enjoy themselves.
The benefits of sensory activities are:
- stimulating the brain, creating neural pathways and improving sensory processing systems;
- improving social skills such as communication and cooperation;
- improving coordination, as well as improving balance, movement and spatial orientation;
- calming down and de-escalating aggressive behavior;
- helping to manage negative thoughts and emotions.
We operate on a structured timetable for our facilities, so bookings can be on a regular basis, or adhoc if required. For more information or to book a slot, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01594 861359.
Private hire £15 for an hour.
The site has accessible car park, along with facilities for all personal care needs, including electric hoist and a changing table.